Natural Ephemera Quilt

 




Sized to fit a queen sized bed, this quilt is a little over 6' x 8'


My quilts often feature a spring side and a fall side, as I am inspired and propelled by the distinctions of changing seasons. 

The quilt top on the bottom evokes spring blossoms and new life with joyous bursts of bright colors. This was an unfinished vintage quilt top found by my mother, and I wanted to complete it so that it may be used for its intended purpose and be seen in its full glory.

I created the other side of the quilt, shown at top, from second hand fabric and upcycled bedding. I focused on more muted, woodsy tones, and a bold geometric design, inspired by pine trees and salvaged wood creations. This is the autumn side, the shaded forest that complements the sunny meadow. They are quite literally two sides of the same coin, a yin and yang, two quilts in one. 


Popular Posts

Image

Full Circle